Friday, May 29, 2009

So I've been meaning to post about my sisters visit for a while now. She left this past Tuesday and I have been busy and lazy since.
She got here Thursday the 21st and that night we ventured to the new Walmart in town. Friday morning we went to the zoo and had a great time. The weather could not have been more perfect. It was a little overcast and in the 80's. AWESOME! Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so no pics from the zoo. We took Elle to Toy 'R' Us to pick out a toy and it was really hard for her to do. I believe she was overwhelmed with all the toys. This is the second time we tried letting her pick one out. She eventually picked out some figurines for her doll house. Then it was off to dinner with Eric.
Saturday morning Old Navy had their flip flops on sale for $1. So I wanted to get a couple pairs to bum around in. We got to Old Navy at 10:45 and the parking lot was full! I had Robyn go in and see how long the lines were before dragging two kids out of the car and then back in. She came back to the car and told me there was a line to get to the flip flops and then a long line to the cash registers. Not worth it! They are only $2.50 I think to begin with. We ran acouple errands and then went out to our grandparents house to spend the afternoon. We had a nice relaxing time with them and Elle wanted to walk their dog Viking. She loved it! Coming back home, we met our dad and Lee for dinner at Teakwoods. They were coming back from Tucson and so it was a good breaking point for their venture home. When we are all together it is a laughing fest. With Elle's funny things she does to the conversations we have, the fun never ends.
Sunday we hung out at our dads and swam, it was so pretty out and the water was just right. Elle loves to swim, especially in the hot tub. She thinks its her own pool, its not heated right now so its the perfect fit for her.
Monday was Memorial Day and we all went back over to my dads for a BBQ, even the grandparents joined us. Overall, the weekend was busy running around, relaxing and fun. Enjoy the photos I took!

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun with your sister. That stinks about Old Navy, but like you said probably not worth the hassle....is just different shopping with 2 little ones even when you have help :) So, when do you get more visitors?

The Derouin Girls said...

I'm glad you were able to spend some quality time w/ your sister. It is awesome to have family around...and that's funny that you went to ON...I'm all about bargain shopping but when it's advertised big like that, it's never worth the hassle for me...but then again, I never wake up @ 4 to do the after thanksgiving sale...just the thought gives me heartburns...too crazy for me!

xoxo