Saturday, August 1, 2009

We surprised Patrick! So Patricks birthday was on the 22nd and on the 25th, I had a surprise party for him. It went great, I did not imagine it going so well. I had the guests arrive at 5:30pm, Patrick leaves work at 6pm.

Patrick arrived home as he usually does, into the garage, into the house, then "SURPRISE!" He stopped dead in his tracks, just staring in awe. He told me he had many emotions going on; from annoyed, scared, excited, angry, etc. He was really happy though, he kept thanking me all night! He asked me why I did not tell him about this, well huh?! He even asked my dad, brother, Bob and Jodi the same thing. They were all over on his actual birthday to celebrate then too.

I had another surprise in store for Patrick, around 8pm it started. Father Time walked through the door, rounded up the guests, found Patrick and the show began. Patrick was a trooper, he played along with the skit. It was really funny. I am so mad at myself though. I went to video tape the whole thing, well I thought I was. Turns out, I did not get anything:( Same thing happened to my brother whom I put in charge of when Patrick first arrived home. He got nothing too. My dad got it all on video though, thank god! I will get that from him soon and share with you if possible.

Oh, it really was a fun night, there were kids running around, playing upstairs and in the playroom. The party really could not have been any better. Thank you to all our family and friends that helped him celebrate his "Over the Hill" birthday. He really had a great time! Here are some photos from the party, enjoy!

2 comments:

ktindall said...

I cant wait until you get the video of the b-day bash. I LOVE the pic’s of Patrick all passed out.

Mommy said...

OMG!!! I'm laughing out loud looking at these photos of Patrick! He didn't know you were putting all those silly hats on him? How funny! It looks like a great party! Good job!